Omsco comes 1st
in the Best Organic Hard Cheese class…
in the first ever Virtual Cheese Awards
- Due to the Covid-19 crisis, most cheese awards and shows around the country have been cancelled. So, Nigel Pooley ( Cheese Grader and Product Development Manager from Wyke Farms ) and Sarah de Wit ( Ex Asda chief cheese taster and consultant ) decided to launch the world’s first Virtual Cheese Awards.
- Judging of the classes took place last week at various locations around the country with the final judging to announce Category winners and Supreme Champion taking place live on Saturday 18 July.
- The event was to celebrate the cheese industry, as well as an opportunity to raise awareness of the specialist British cheese producers who have suffered through the current crisis. All profits from the Virtual Cheese Awards are being donated to the Specialist Cheesemakers Association and RABI.
- The awards covered 31 British classes of cheese including Creamery Cheddar, Best Cheshire, Best Lancashire, Best Wensleydale, Best stilton, Best Organic Hard Cheese and so on .
- Our winning entry, from a field of six was Organic Kingdom Mature Cheddar, which scored maximum points in its class and also took third spot in the Best Specialty Cheese Category.
- We are delighted to have won another cheese award again so building on the successes we enjoyed at the various cheese shows in 2019